SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2019
The 5.12K Run to Brunch, presented by Keep Austin Weird is on Sunday, September 22 at Auditorium Shores! Join us for a morning of local pride and costumed runners racing their way through the heart of downtown Austin to a collection of Austin’s best brunches. Registrants have the opportunity to participate in a timed/untimed 5K or 10K. Dress weird, taste weirdly creative brunch offerings, and celebrate everything we love about our weird city!
All 5.12K Run to Brunch registrations will help raise funds for LIVESTRONG and the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG improves the lives of people affected by cancer, now and is headquartered right here in Austin, TX.
5K and 10K Race Info
Location & Start Times:
- The Finish Line Expo on Auditorium Shores will open to the public at 7:30 AM.
- 10K Runners will begin promptly at 8:30 AM.
- 5K Runners will begin at 8:40 AM.
All runner waves will start and finish on Riverside Dr. at Auditorium Shores.
Start Line Pre-Show:
presented by MIX 94.7
- Get Ready To Run!
- Barton Hills Choir will kickoff the event with the National Anthem.
- Dance with Erica Nix to get the party started.
- The Travis High School drumline will set the pace for the race at the start.
- An opening ceremony kick things off with the National Anthem and a few words from LIVESTRONG, our beneficiary.
- Local DJ GirlFriend ATX will keep the beats going throughout the morning.
- Running and brunching is always more fun with a group! Gather your family, friends, neighbors or co-workers together.
- All Team Benefits:
- Early packet pick up
- Teams of 15 or more have the option to add their team name to bibs
- Teams of 36 or more have the option to add their team name to the back of their event t-shirts
- Run for Team LIVESTRONG:
- Helping fundraise for LIVESTRONG's fight against cancer.
Both 5K and 10K runners will have the option to add chip timing to their registration. Results will be available shortly following the finish of the race.
Finish Line Expo
5K and 10K runners will end in the Finish Line Expo where you'll engage with brands that "Keep Austin Weird."
Enjoy activities, one-of-a-kind photo ops, Austin's largest Tug-of-War in decades (presented by Austin Simply Fit), specialty drinks at our Watering Hole from Tito's Handmade Vodka and start an impromptu dance party. Not into an indulgent post-race brunch? Refuel from some of Austin's famous food trucks, including Bohemian BBQ, Burro Cheese Kitchen, Ranch Hand, and SnoMo.
Whether you've come to set a PR, run for a cause or just get moving with your team, you won't want to miss this unique run in the heart of Austin!
- Raise your glass to "weirdly" creative brunch offerings! Taste small plate brunch dishes from 15 of Austin's favorite restaurants and chefs who'll be throwing down their weirdest creations. Then you'll vote on which dish took the cake in our Mayor of Brunch competition!
Get Exclusive News & Offers
Sign up for our newsletter to get all the event details and special offers right in your inbox.