Participants can choose to run or walk one (or all) of the suggested routes or a route closer to home. Whatever option you choose, remember to keep it weird & snap photos of iconic Austin street art & landmarks along the way!
South Austin Run
Running this route without stopping will be tough. You're likely want to take a selfie in front of the many colorful backdrops you'l'l see or grab a bite to eat at one of the restaurants along the way. This is a fun, easy and flat run passing some of Austin's most iconic South Austin stores and taking you by the city's crown jewel - Lady Bird Lake.
- Start at 'Greetings from Austin Mural' and run or walk south
- Turn Left at Johanna St.
- Turn Left on Congress
- Turn Left on East Riverside
- When you get to Vic Mathias Shores (Auditorium Shores) turn right and run or walk toward the gazebo
- Once you arrive to the gazebo, turn left to continue onto the Ann and Roy Butler Hike and Bike Trail
- After visiting the Stevie Ray Vaughn Statue (on your right), turn left down the trail back to Riverside
- Turn left on East Riverside
- Turn right on 1st Street and run or walk back to the start
Mueller Lake Run
Running beside the water on a beautiful Austin day will be hard to beat. This route, in the contemporary Mueller Area, takes you by the Mueller Lake, beautiful sculptures, and a hidden Butterfly Garden. Take a cruise through the charming Mueller neighborhoods to run your way back to the start line where you can end your course dining at a variety of modern eateries.
- Start on Corner of Aldrich St and Simond Ave
- Enter Muller Lake Park headed south toward the Muller Lake Amphitheater
- Follow Trail around lake to the right
- Run past the fire Pit and take first left then an immediate second left towards Zach Scott St
- Follow trail parallel to Tom Miller St
- Take left toward Butterfly Garden
- Take path east toward Southwest Greenway
- Follow Path to Giant Spider Sculpture
- Take a right on Tom Miller St
- Left on Tilley St
- Left on Simond Ave
- Follow Back to Corner of Simond Ave and Aldrich Ave
Street Art Run
One of the most unique things about Austin is it's beautiful and vibrant street art scene. This run takes you past some of the city's most iconic murals as well as some newer works. Make sure and bring a camera to capture all the beauty and creativity.
- Start on 6th and I 35th (at Austin Mural)
- Take 6th street east under the overpass
- Turn right on Robert T Martinez St
- Turn right on Cesar Chavez and follow under the overpass
- Turn right on Trinity St
- Turn right on E 6th and run or walk back to the start Line